The 36th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) has started at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi. The fair was inaugurated by the Indian President Pranab Mukherjee. There are over 150 companies from 27 countries that are participating this year in the fair.
The dates for this year’s IITF are: November 14-18, 2016
The theme of this year’s IITF is: Digital India
Here is what this year’s India International Trade Fair is all about:
- The 2016 IITF has been organised by the India Trade Promotion Organisation (ITPO), under the aegis of Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- This year’s partner country is South Korea
- The focus country for the 2016 edition is Belarus
- Besides, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand are partner states from India
- Haryana is the focus state for the 2016 edition
- This year’s theme highlights the country’s persistent efforts to alleviate poverty through meaningful convergence of digital technologies and e-governance
- The fair will provide a glimpse with updated information on various missions, schemes and initiatives launched by the Central government
- The event will also showcase a multi-pronged strategy of Indian economy driven by ‘Make in India’ initiative and reformsNew initiatives:
- Introduction of transparent online space booking
- Online Ticket Booking for all days
- Arrangement of Wi-Fi at Hall No.7-12A, 14 and 18 and at 10 prime locations
- Ground Installation of seven telecom towers for better network connectivity inside the fair complex
- ‘Mobile App’ on Android and iOS platforms
- Round-Robin Bus Services
- New/Young/Start-up entrepreneurs have been earmarked in Hall 26 at 50 per cent discount of the normal tariff.
- Introduction of a new Round-Robin bus service between Mandi House Metro Station to Pragati Maidan.
- DMRC’s an exclusive channel to divert visitors from Metro Station (Pragati Maidan) to Gate No.8 & 8A of Pragati Maidan. This is the new gate introduced to accommodate entry in the morning and exit in the evening for better crowd management.
- This year ‘Digital India’ is the theme of IITF. All States and Government Sectors will be arranging theme display (The dedicated theme pavilion being set up by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY) at Hall No.1. DEITY will be organizing five seminars during the currency of business days at IITF. DEITY will be promoting e-dustbins, e-governance, e-lockers, etc).
- BSF will be organizing camel bands for inauguration with border guards & women warriors, rifle drills called “Bolts”, thrilling mobike display called “Jaaban”, etc.
- National Minority Development Finance Corporation will organize the participation of minority representation in IITF.
- Wild life tourism display with the selfie points Maharashtra Government.
- An exclusive Cosmetics pavilion being set up in the lake area to represent sectoral display.
- CSIR is showcasing India’s achievements in Research & Development sector.
- to transform trade and industry into an engine of socio-economic growth.
- Business Visitors Registration Counters will be set up at Gate Nos.1, 2, 7 and 10 during the business days (Nov. 14-18, 2016, ticket: Rs.500/-) of the fair. International Business Lounge (IBL) will be functioning at Gate 1, Pragati Maidan (Bhairon Road) to facilitate the visit of overseas trade delegations and visitors.
- Seasonal Ticket (November 14-27, 2016): Rs.1800/-.
- While the fair will be open to all the visitors (Ticket for Working Day: Adult Rs.60/ & Child Rs.40/-), Saturday/Sunday/Holiday from November 19 to 27, 2016 (Ticket for Adult Rs.120/- & Child Rs.60/-).
- School children are also allowed on business days with the advance purchase of tickets applicable for general days. There will not be free entry for concessional group charges for the students groups.
- The ticket may also be booked only through ITPO’s Website. The ticket sale counters may be closed earlier if tickets for the day are sold out.
- Tickets will be available at ITPO Counters (Gate 1 & 2) and Delhi Metro Rail Stations. Timings for ticket sale 9.30 am to 5.00 pm